Ready to go camping?

You are probably asking yourself ‘what does camping have to do with insurance?’. RV’s, travel trailers and pop up trailers are an investment and should be protected.

Maybe you think ‘doesn’t my auto insurance cover it’ ? Most auto policies don’t have the kind of  coverage you really need for such a large investment. With specialized RV insurance you have more options for coverage.

RV and travel trailer insurance covers many of the similar risks that auto insurance does, including collision, comprehensive and liability. You can also get additional protection for your personal belongings on board, equipment and attached accessories such as awnings and satellite dishes. Depending on the coverage you choose, your additional coverage options may include:

*Total loss replacement – replaces your RV with a new model of similar make and quality if yours is totaled.

  • Replacement cost of personal property – pays for new items if stolen, damaged or lost.
  • Emergency vacation expense – if your RV is damaged during a trip it pays for lodging and transportation (up to a set amount), so you can still enjoy your vacation.
  • Full timers coverage – you get extra coverage if your RV is your home.
  • 24 hour roadside assistance – a tow truck that can handle your RV.
  • Parked trailer coverage

In most cases, none of the above is covered when you insure your RV or travel trailer through a standard auto policy. This lack of specialized coverage could cost you thousands. Give Mike a call to discuss your policy and ensure you have the coverage you need before you go camping this summer.